Wednesday, March 13, 2013

SPRING & Dress Shoulders


Today was a BEAUTIFUL Spring day.  There is a little activity outside around my bee hive as the bees come out after what I am sure they consider a long winter.  This has been the bees first Winter with me and as a novice with no knowledge other than my book "Beekeeping for Dummies"

Besides the temperature starting to rise during the day, my flowers are starting to poke up through the dead leaves and pine needles, a blue crocus bloomed on Sunday, and Spring peepers are beginning to chirp in the evening.  Last night while I was working on my little update, a little peeper landed on my notebook next to me.  Did I scream?  What do you think?  Of course.


My seeds have sprouted into little seedlings. My tomatoes (my most important seeds) are doing well, my spinach and chard...not so much.  This year I planted some surprise seeds, some red stem cotton and an artichoke.  I am anxious to play in the dirt.

Yesterday I sat down to sew at about 2:00 and before I knew it, it was 7:00 pm.  I got a lot done.  Today I began sewing the lining around the arm openings and turned everything inside out.  It looks perfect to me.  Tomorrow the back and then it will be time for another fitting.

How pretty is this shoulder?  Both sides are identical.  I love the creeping flowers coming across the shoulder


This week I plan to finish the bodice.  I am going to sew all the lace on my hand before I attach the skirt so I won't have so much fabric on my lap.  I love handwork so this is going to be dessert for me.

I continue to be amazed about how beautiful this fabric is.  Seriously if you are a sewer following along with me as I sew Brittney's dress... treat yourself one day to a few yards of double face silk...it is like butter.





1 comment: