We did a 10 minute fitting on Friday. It fits perfectly. WOO HOO I have three things planned for this upcoming week.
The first one is making buttons. Since I was not able to find silk covered buttons, I decided to cover a few with the silk the dress is made from. I found that the more I practiced the easier it got. The directions are awful so I worked out my own method...cutting a square of fabric rather than a circle and ending the process with a whack of my hammer. I photographed the steps and you can just flip through them kind of quickly to see the steps.
|First I cut out a square of silk and center it on the button thingie.|
|Then I take the little metal cap and push it button side down.|
|It comes out looking like this.|
|Then I cut some of the excess fabric off|
|Push it into the back side of the button.|
|Then I put the metal button backing on top of a scrunched up fabric|
|Put the little blue pusher thingie on top of the buttom and "push firmly" |
I give it a nice hit with a hammer even though it doesn't call for it
|Pop the button out and there you have it!|