Friday, April 12, 2013

Zippity Doo Dah



It was beautiful day in North Garden.  The long range weather forecast looks great for the wedding on Friday a week and one hour from today.  Outside the grass is greening, the trees are budding, and the forsythia is blooming.  I left the door open today and soft breeze blew through the house. The long cold winter has made me happy to greet Spring.  I am almost giddy.  


I took the dress to town to get the zipper put in today.  I haven't sewn in a zipper in 35 years and figured that this is probably not a good time to practice so I put it in the capable hands of my friend Carla at Les Fabriques.  She is a multi-tasker, she put the zipper in, helped a customer and talked to me all at the same time.  It didn't take her long...I know that because I only put 2 quarters in the parking meter and there was still time on the meter when I got back in the car.

Look how pretty the scalloped edge matches up.  All I need is to put a little hook at the top of the zipper and it will be ready to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment