Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Say YES to the Skirt!


The tent frame went up and now I/we have a much better idea of how it is going to look.  The tent is huge!  My imagination went absolutely wild.  When the hayfield greens up in the Spring and the leaves are out this is going to be a beautiful setting.  I have no doubt that Brittney and Jon’s wedding is going to be the event of the year in North Garden, Virginia!  They have friends and family coming in from everywhere!

 
Now for an update on the DRESS.
A couple of days ago I cut out and seamed the skirt together.  I slipped it over the head of the dressform and it fit perfectly!  WOO HOO Am I a lucky girl or what!  The seams matched up the length in the back in exactly like we wanted it and all that is left is to trim some of the fabric off the front of the skirt!!! 

 
So basically all that is left is to make one more skirt, try the muslin dress on Brittney, make any adjustments necessary and it will be time to cut out the beautiful silk fabric and lace overlay.
There will be a coral sash around the waist that hangs nearly to the hem of the dress.  It is going to look spectacular with her coral shoes.  Can you tell that I am excited?
I told Brittney that I think this dress is stunning even made out of muslin.  This is going to be the Best Wedding Dress Ever!

What did I learn this week?  I confess that sometimes while channel flipping I stop and watch the TV show “Yes To The Dress.”  I am learning that the important thing about wedding dresses is not the gals in the showroom, it is the seamstresses in the back room or in the basement that do all the challenging work.  There is a lot involved to make a dress conform perfectly to a brides body.
Perhaps this dress will be put away and worn by a daughter or granddaughter in the family on her special day.  How awesome would that be?  I can tell you…..pretty darn awesome! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment