Friday, April 27, 2012

No Pouf Please




I was committed to creating Brittney’s wedding dress no matter how much fabric it entailed.  For some silly reason the wedding dress in Big Fat Greek Wedding was the only dress that came to mind. After all you have to admit it was a very memorable dress.  It had so much fabric that she tore part of it off on the way to the reception and nobody even noticed!

“NO pouf," Brittney told me and I wanted to do cartwheels.

Brittney's dress will have a lace bodice and skirt, possibly a train, a silk sash around the waist that ties in the back.  A lace applique at the waist that the sash threads through so that the sash shows through the lace.  Like this:


Or like this.  Pretty amazing lace isn't it?  Wonder what color the sash will be?  Me too.


She wants a side pocket for lip gloss and maybe a hankie.

If I’d had a pocket I wouldn’t have had to stuff my ‘something blue’ hankie up my sleeve. A pocket...so simple, so perfect.

So here is what she chose... beautiful lace with a scalloped edge and a floral pattern.


I put a bolt of dark blue fabric behind the lace so you could see the beautiful lace pattern embellished with little pearls.


I could go on and on but it is late and I want to post this before I go to bed.  Stay tuned for a photo of the dream dress and the color of the sash...we can all be surprised together.





No comments:

Post a Comment